Sunday 25 September 2011

Punggol Beach

Supposedly to wake up at 6am but watch a crappy movie last night. The movie Vanishing on 7th Street is one of the most awful that doesn't make any sense at all. I don't know why the movie made me so angry that I can't sleep. Haha.

Okay, back to today's training. It's been 2 weeks since i last ran. My limbs got sick - rashes. My leg has been itchy for running, not because of the rashes. I prepared myself and start out at around 7.41 am.



After doing some stretching, here i go!



Even though there are less traffic around Punggol, but please safety first.



They expanded the entrance to Punggol Beach. It used to be narrow road. Now, from the junction, you may see the Waterway track.



The track is not ready for public yet there are runners who can't wait to explore the new place. Next round i shall do that too.





Towards Punggol Beach there are some slopes. It's good for calf muscle training.



I'm not the only runner.



Punggol Beach used to be a swamp. There's a pig farm and some famous seafood restaurants. I tried to locate the pig farm but guess it's already teared down.



But i still managed to see a fish pond.



When I first went to Punggol Beach, I am surprised there were so many bungalows. It seems like there are many rich families living there. It's quite scary at night actually, maybe they have security guards patrolling around.



This is it! Punggol Point! I have reached the northern end of Singapore.



They are still building the pathway at the right. From the notice board, it should be ready at 1st quarter of 2011. Guess the project got delayed. That unfinished pathway will be connecting to Punggol Promenade.



It looks like sun set, but it is sun rise and it's damn hot!



Punggol Jetty. Guess what below the platform.



It's a police post!



Although the right pathway is not ready yet, you still can go for the left pathway. Don't bother about the divider, just go ahead and run. The police will not catch you.







Outward Bound, an outdoor activity program for the school.



Punggol Park Connector map.





Managed to capture this. It's like Four Heavenly Kings shooting MTV.





That's me, my shadow. I love this red path.



Fishing anyone?



Fishing gathering. There's a lot of people fishing over there.



She's so cool!



Punggol Marina's shipyard.



I saw them once again.



Staff putting some prawns into the prawn's pond for people to catch. I forgot how much is the rate. My friend is a regular and commented that its not bad.





Punggol Marina. The square box frame is for hooking boats for repair or "parking".



Off i go! PCN means "Park Connector Network".



Hi girl. You are so cool!



Beautiful reservoir.



I happened to see some dogs swimming or bathing at the reservoir. Wanted to take some pictures of them but 1 of them spotted me.



And there they go away. Guess i just pissed their happy time.



This should be their leader. See, he looked so pissed!





I wonder who hang the carpet there.





Some part is yet to be complete, especially those pathway connecting to the Waterway.





This is a great spot for marriage proposal. Haha.



I guess this connects to the Waterway path which I saw before entering the Punggol Beach.





Everything looks so new. Even the rubbish bin is still wrapped.





To be continue on Sengkang Riverside.

For more photos, do like my Facebook page @ facebook.com/RunShootPost