Monday 19 September 2011

Yellow Ribbon Prison Run 2011

It was pretty sad for me as I waited for so long to join this Yellow Ribbon Prison Run 2011. Due to my allergy rashes, doctor advised me not to run as it will worsen it. Heard from the previous year feedback, it was a great event. Last year it was raining and it's very thoughful that the organizer did prepare raincoat for the runners.

Although I cannot join in the fun, my dear took some pictures for me during her run. Supposedly to run together with her but will have to wait for next year then.

So here are the pictures taken by her.



She reached Expo around 06:55 am for the shuttle bus to Changi and waited for 10 min for the bus to arrive. The whole Expo station was filled with yellow color tops.



As usual there are a lot people waiting for the toilet cubicle while some were waiting for their friends to arrive.



Race starting soon. She was standing quite behind the starting line.



All those VIPs waved to the runners.



Once cross the starting line, all runners started to run. You can see some dashing very fast while some slowly trying to get their pace.



Kudos to Singapore First Blade Runner. My dear told me he keep run and stop to cheer those runners who was stop running, "If I can do it, you can do it too!". I knew him from Sundown Marathon 2011 about they interviewing him on the ultra marathon. He did not finish the ultra marathon race but I know next time he will definitely complete not only 1 but lots of ultra marathon.



During the run, you can see there was a lot Yellow Ribbon sign pasted on the trees.





All the volunteers cheering for the runners. Their cheers and claps somehow will motivate the runners especially runner like me. :)



Hydration station! This year race was extremely hot. My dear said the sun was hot like afternoon sun. A lot people got sunburned.



The volunteers filling up the cups with Pokka sports water. My dear said the volunteers had a bad time opening the bottle cap. They should have get bigger bottle instead so that it's much faster to fill up the cups. But some runners just grabbed the whole bottle and off to run.



First aid station. Heard that there are some tree branches drop and hit on some runner's shoulder. Hope they will be alright.



Up slope part.





Although this year the organizer can save their raincoat, but they actually prepared a cool zone passage for the runners. It i'm running pass by, I'm sure will run slowly to enjoy the cool breeze. Haha.





Some residents around the area cheering up the runners.



Time to take some pictures with the Yellow Ribbon! You can see a lot runners posing with the Yellow Ribbon.





Father, mother and son, whole family joining the run. It's good to have a family run together. Hope my mum will run together with me next time (It's a hope only. Haha.)



First time I see organizer using LED signboard to lead the 6 km and 10 km runners.



Another 5 km to go! My dear is not the only person taking picture of the 5 km sign.





Can see the carnival area. That's mean it's nearing finishing line soon!



Last 1 km to go!



Voila! At last she finished the race.



Goodies bag at the finishing line. There are some vouchers, bananas, Pokka sports water, shoe bag, Yellow Ribbon's handphone charm with blood group type and the medal.



All the runners tried to get into the tent to avoid from the blazing sun.



You can write your wishes for the inmates on the Yellow Ribbon and paste it on the board to show your support on them by giving them a second chance.



At last, the front of the medal. This year event was special cause it was the first time the organizer giving finisher medal.



And the back of the medal. See you next time Yellow Ribbon Prison Run!

For more photos, do like my Facebook page @ facebook.com/RunShootPost

Race Details
Date:        18 September 2011
Time:        10km - 7:45 am
                  6km - 8:15 am
Venue:     Start Point - SAF Open Field, Farnborough Road
                  End Point - Changi Prison Complex