Sunday 16 October 2011

New Balance Real Run 2011

It's time for Real Run again! This run was my first running event last year and again this year I had joined the 10 km distance for some memories.

Although my race start at 7am but I have to wake up at 4am because my friend is fetching me to the event. We had to go early in order to avoid the road closure and traffic jam.



I reached there around 5:30am. It was too early and not much people arrive yet.



Now I know the "Real" Run meaning, "Regular Exercise Active Lifestyle".



Actually there are a lot runners waiting inside the exhibition hall. Some of them preparing their best gears and gadgets to challenge the route.



These people are not getting their finisher items and i doubt the organizer will give to them. They are just trying out the finisher tee size to save the hassle of exchanging tee.



Some running club is having a photo taking session. It's good to join a running club so the runners can exchange their training tips and make more friends. Maybe one day I will join some running clubs and post the review here.



This year I'm going to do something different. Yes, I'm going to conquer 2km of trail, 1.5km of sand and 6.5km of road with my Vibram shoes.



Around 6:40am, the emcee is calling for all the 10km runners to line up behind the starting line. By the way, that guy is not me. I'm not as stylish as him.



The sky is getting brighter.



Everyone is waiting for the emcee to call for the start.



Here we go!



The first pathway was terrain.



It was quite sandy and I had a little stitch. After awhile, I'm glad that my stitch is gone.



Exiting terrain pathway and going to the road.



The first hydration station.



I wanted to take the 100 plus but had missed the 100 plus table.





As you can see, the sun is rising and this is not very good sign.



I'm quite surprise that the next hydration station was quite near to the first station.





I think he is listening to "Rihanna - Umbrella". "Ella ella ay ay, I need that umbrella to block the sunshine"



"Don't stop and be a real runner!"





There are sufficient hydration stations for this event. We don't need to carry our own hydration bag unless it is stated by the organizer. However, some runners wish to add some toughness to their race by carrying  their own hydration bag.



I though I was quite brave enough to run in barefoot shoes. Yet, I can't believe he never wear any shoes. The terrain, especially the sand part contains some sharp objects. It takes a lot of concentration to see what you will be stepping when you are running totally shoeless.



Heading towards beach part. It's a killer pathway for most of the runners.





Seems like all of us are going to Nirvana.



Just look at the sun. It was smiling happily to you.



We are at the beach!



I ran near to the water because the sand is much solid than the higher part.



Actually the feeling was very good. Although there was not much wind but I had my fastest pace at this area.





Exiting beach area and going back to the road.



The volunteers were stunned to see me shooting them.



My last sip of water.



The last stretch will be a very long flat road together with the extremely hot weather.



"Ahh.. it's hot like inside sauna"



I totally cannot look ahead the road. The sun shine was very bright and my eyes cannot take it. I had to keep looking down. Maybe it's time to invest a sport sunglasses.



Yay! This mean the finishing line is just around the corner.



When reaching the finishing line, you can see everyone is starting to dash.



I'm a Real Runner soon!



Well done! We all are Real Runners!



The volunteers were very helpful. They help us open the 100 plus can. I was so thirsty and had 2 cans of 100 plus.



Next is to collect our finisher items. Yes, I know my body build is small and had to take extra small size.



The exhibition hall was very cold. All of us were resting and there are some bands performing music and dance.



I will come back next year to become Real Runner again!



This is the best goodie bag i get so far.



Front of the medal.



Back of the medal.

For more photos, do like my Facebook page @ facebook.com/RunShootPost

Race Details
Date:      16 October 2011
Time:       21km - 6:30 am
                10km - 7:00 am
Venue:    Changi Exhibition Centre