Sunday 9 October 2011

Nike We Run SG 2011

It's the Nike We Run SG 2011! It's my city and I shall run it. I will be my girlfriend's pacer as she wish to complete the race at least 1 hour 30 minutes or less.



Reached Kallang MRT around 6:40am and you can see the entire station was filled with orange color.



There was no traffic police or volunteer to manage the traffic and everyone was just jay walk.



The pathway to the starting pen was crowded. We have to walk on a narrow pathway.



When there's no car on the road, some of the runners walk over to enter the entrance gate. However, the security guy keep shouting at them and chase them back to the narrow path. The organizer expecting 12,000 runners, at least they should provide a better pathway.



See how crowded it is. All of us gotta squeeze together in the narrow pathway.



At last I saw the race village but not the starting line yet. We are already late for the first wave off.



We gotta cross over the road to the starting line.



I wonder he's wearing a hair wig or is his real hair.



This is very bad. It was raining yesterday night and it's still drizzling. We gotta walk on all these muddy grasses.



So many runners complaining about the mud. All their shoes getting dirty and wet. What a good way to make people buy new shoes!



I'm one of them too. See my shoes! Only the left side of the pair of shoes is dirty.



At last I have reached the starting line.



Everybody put your hands up in the air! Countdown to race start!



The "smiley" VIPs that could be the cause for the race delayed.



I hardly started and there are runners already running back.



I used to live there when i was small. Same old building and nothing has been changed.





I did not know there was a hydration station in front of me. Maybe i did not notice the board or too busy taking pictures.





Some of the runners went into Suntec City to use the washroom.





The happy volunteers from the opposite side.



Behind the scene - volunteers at hydration station.





3 km cleared!



The second hydration station. This time round i noticed the station and had chilled 100 plus.



So many runners are queuing to use the cubicles.



First u-turn. The crowd was awesome. If from the bird's eye view, the whole route will be filled will orange color.



"Keep running! Don't give up!"





I know you are shy, but you should smile if you see a camera pointing at you.



They are already starting to keep all the dividers. This shows that the organizer is very efficient (only for this).



I thought we are suppose to wear Nike event tee only? Why there's an unauthorized runner? (Although he is holding on to the Nike tee)







Happen to see this couple. The girl doesn't look well and her face was very pale. Her boyfriend keep asking is she alright.



The next moment I saw them, the girl collapsed and her boyfriend calling for help. I tried to look for any medics nearby.



 Someone already informed the medics. Hope she will be alright.



Half more to go!







There was a lot of young runners but this uncle surprised me. Well done uncle! Young at heart!



Haha. I shoot you, you shoot me.



Running loop is quite boring. Here is the Golden Mile again.



"Water for you?"







Exiting the multi-loops route.



Someone doing a run, shoot and post, maybe?



Another unauthorized runner spotted!



The event do not have any cheer group like other races I have joined, but at least there are some volunteers cheering for the runners.







Last hydration station for the race.



Last 2 km!





It's quite silly to have a DJ booth setting up here. So are we suppose to dance? The DJ seems to be enjoying himself.





Actually, we passed by many ERP gantries. If we are given the ERP UI and the ERP gantries are on, it will be at least $10 per person for the whole route!



Uncle, keep it up!







Friendly volunteer saying goodbye to me while his friend cheering for the runners.



At last I see the entrance gate. That's mean i'm near to finishing line!



Yay! Finally going to pass through the finishing line!



Well done runners!



Heading to get our finisher items. The organizer should place more collection counters.



There are water and 100 plus.



Plenty of bananas too!



I heard they are giving finisher tee and saw a few runners holding a S$20 voucher, but I could not find it. There is no information or notice board indicating about the goodies.



Free ice cream for sunny day.







All I get is this thumb drive inside the coffin box.





While i'm leaving, there's still got some runners heading to the finishing line.



No matter first or last, as long as you have completed the race, you are a winner.

For more photos, do like my Facebook page @ facebook.com/RunShootPost

Race Details
Date:       9 October 2011
Time:       7:00 am
Venue:    Old Kallang Airport