Wednesday 26 October 2011

My Waterway @ Punggol

First of all, Happy Deepavali to all my Hindu friends. It's holiday today and I'm going to the new Waterway route. It's Singapore first man-made waterway, which is about 4.2km long that connects Punggol Reservoir to Serangoon Reservoir.



I've reached around 5pm and there are a lot of people.



This is the bridge that I saw during my last training.



I think currently Waterway is the hottest spot for photographers.



A U-shape bridge that brings you closer to the water.



A gazebo that is designed like an old hut to bring back memories of the old Punggol.





There's a build sand castle corner for the kids to build their imaginative castle.



After that, they may proceed to the water playground to wash all the sand on them play water in such a hot weather.



Not to forget the adults, they may picnic, chit chatting or light exercises.



Is this a new way to meditate? Or maybe he is practicing hip hop dance.



This route leads to the Punggol MRT.









Still remember the bridge with a "globe" shape?



I made a U-turn point at the "globe" bridge.



It seems like the toilet is built with a few pieces of wood. Don't worry, the wind will not blow it away.





Stairways to Punggol MRT.





Other than jogging, skating or any road activities, you may also do some kayaking in future.







This scenery looks like Esplanade's.





it sure is cosy to sleep in the resting area.



Some bumpy path.



If I'm not wrong, there are 5 bridges around the Waterway.



Son helping father to stretch his hip. Keep it up uncle!



From here onwards you will be seeing the slanted lamp post.



Another toilet.





That's the bridge heading to Lorong Halus.



I did not cross the bridge leading to Punggol Promenade as I discover a new route. Not sure where does it heads to.



There are not much people around here as compared to the Waterway main pathway.



I am surprised to see the terrain pathway. This adds something unique to my training.



A unique design of resting area.



I met another runner here. We paced each other and he was training for his Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon. Hope he will get his personal best for his full marathon race.



The sky is getting dark and I guessed correctly that the new route leads to Punggol Point.



Finally we can accessed to the new area at the other side of Punggol Point.



This is the Punggol Jetty.



I had to rush back as it is getting late already.



Some people are still fishing for fishes.





At last I have reached here.



It is very beautiful during night time when the lights turned on.







The lights at this gazebo will change it's colors.



The aerators are installed to enhance the water quality.





At last I'm back at the finishing point.



Total 16.3km conquered in this training.

For more photos, do like my Facebook page @ facebook.com/RunShootPost